C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Kyle E. Cleveland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 10:55:24 -0400
Wow!  Does Amber's hip story ever sound familiar!  Is her leg rotated at the
hip???  knee???  ankle???  In or out?

So what the surgeons are looking at is detaching the musculature, rotating
the femoral head and then doing the re-attachment, right?  Cast to the
waist?

I can speak to the other--if she waits and doesn't have anything done.  In
my case, there was a period of about 10 years (say 23-33) when I had pretty
good hip pain.  Same DX as Amber.  When I hit 35 "that" pain started to
subside.  Seems that the soft tissues in the socket gradually eroded until
the joint was "bone-on-bone".  All the cycling that I did in my thirties
polished the femoral head until it was smooth as glass.  No more pain at
that point.

She's got seven months or so of school, right?  Are you going to try to wait
until school's out?

-Kyle