BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rudy Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "CAUTION: Learning Lurkers Hanging"
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 17:42:59 EST
In a message dated 11/11/99 4:48:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  I speced the paint
 job on my c1903 trim in Little Rock for scrape, treat with 1/1 boiled
 linseed oil/mineral spirits >>

Don't know about using it under primer but...

We finish the timbers in our frames with RAW linseed oil and gum turpentine
1/1. The wood loves it and it dries very well. We tried boiled and hated it.
Gummy. Won't dry, messy brushes blah blah blah.

I checked with the local paint shop (who special orders the raw linseed oil
for us) and it turns out they don't even boil boiled linseed oil any more.
They just dump in a bunch of fancy hydrocarbons. So why do they call it
boiled? People probably wouldn't buy "Linseed oil with fancy hydrocarbons".

All I got.

Rudy