VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Severine Renard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Severine Renard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 15:05:16 -0400
Hi everyone,

   I have a series of questions concerning the Braille n' Speak. I had sent
them to Blazie but they never answered me. Anyway, I prefer to have users
opinion - it is certainly more accurate -. I already have a Braille
terminal machine (a visiobraille from handialog  -in case any of the
Europeans would know it - ) and I'm wondering if the BNS would be
complementary with it.

   [Editing]

How large is the RAM of the machine?

If I buy the French version, is it possible to write in grade 2 French?
Will the speech synthesizer be able to pick up what I write?

Is it possible to use 8 dots braille when writing?

Which Braille table is being used? In English and in French?

   [Transfer to the computer]

Is the BnS software likely to interfere with the software for my other
machine? On which port do I plug the BnS?

Is it possible to do Direct transfer to the computer or do I have to go
through a disk drive?

If so, is it a special disk drive or can any external disk drive be used?

When the data are transferred, is the file in a special format or is it
possible to tranifer it as a simple ascii or ansi file?

Similarl4, when I transfer from the computer to the BnS, do I need to
convert my files in a specific format prior to the transfer?

At which speed does it transfer to and from the computer to the BnS?

Once in the flash memory, is it necessary to transfer it in the BnS' ram in
order to access a file?

   [Screen reading capabilities]

Can the BnS be used as a Screen Reader?

How does it do on the Internet with the frames?

Can you mimick a Mouse Click with the BnS?

Do you have a function equivalent to rooting cursors even though there is
only speech output?

That's it for now! I hope you can give me precise answers to each question
as all those points are important for me to make a decision. Thanks a lot
for your time and help,

          Sincerely yours,

          Séverine Renard