Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 18:12:09 +1100
Paul, have you tried to set resource in BIOS manually instead PnP? You might
already answered your question, there is conflict, and for some reason, the
conflict won't go under PnP. The only thing you didn't try is turn off PnP in
BIOS.
In my past exp, win95 is not true PnP OS, you will have to set resource
yourself in many situations. Win98 has improved PnP a lot, but still, win98
couldn't handle all PnP devices and properly config them. DX7 and games have
nothing to do with PnP.

Jun Qian

Paul Jones wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> The particulars of my system:
>
> AMD K6-2/350
> FIC 503+
> ISA PnP Turtle Beach TBS-2000 sound card
> ISA PnP Zoom 2919 hardware modem, jumpered for non-PNP, COM 2, IRQ 3
>
> I have an intermittent problem with my sound card.  A few months ago, I
> turned my computer on and had no sound.  Checked Device manager, and sure
> enough, no sound.  No midi, no joystick, no sound except for "Wave device
> for voice modem".  I tried everything I could think of for a few hours:
> Remove all sound devices, get updated drivers, check BIOS settings for PNP,
> manually install, automatically find hardware, etc. Voila! With the Modem set
> for COM 2 Sound card is found, drivers installed
> automatically, everything works!
>
> Now, the problem returns.  If I remove the modem (physically), reboot,
> allow sound drivers to install, reinstall modem, reboot, all is fine until
> the "next time" whenever that is

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html