From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:19:20 -0500
Even more so, tell them you also can to send/receive faxes consistently.
"Hearing noise" problem can be solve by the troubleshooter listening and
saying there is no noise (if there is not and it was made up.) However,
noise outside the human ear can cause fax problems and then they have to
look deeper than just listening for noise. Also be aware, telling them that
you connect at a slow speed means nothing since by law they only have to
provide some extremely low connection speed like less than 1 K but they do
have to provide fax capable analog lines.

Also received this today from one of my On-line Professional Magazines.
Based on
our discussion, I though I would pass it on.

  1. Q&A for ISPs
     Problems staying connected to your ISP? View the replies
     to one users question:

  http://1.digital.cnet.com/cgi-bin1/flo?x=dmBhEooghwYhhouE

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers