From:
Betty Ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:51:17 -0700
A while back a web site was posted that had the nutritional value for
various insects. I forwarded the site to a friend...her DH is an
entomologist...along with the question about the protein values of small
grasshoppers being higher than the larger ones. According to this
entomologist, grasshoppers need to consume more protein when they are
young and growing and this would translate into a higher nutritional
value for the food value of the grasshopper. My friend did have an aside
to the whole discussion: "...I guess they switch to Purina Grasshopper
Chow - Mature" when they reach adulthood.

For those new to this list, here is the web site referred to:
http://www.ent.iastate.edu/Misc/insectnutrition.html
--
Betty Ann
mailto:[log in to unmask]

"In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats." English Proverb