From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 14:11:46 -0600
>As long as that includes work its OK but most of us go get our
> hair done, take sunbaths, go "work" sitting in offices if front of
> computers, or in my case go quilt. Its the work that is the key as well
> as diet.

This observation is contradicted by the experience of paleo-dieters such as
Ray and me. I work out but not heavily. Ray never works out, is almost 20
years my senior, and has better muscle size and definition than me. Ray is
more sedentary than any two other people I know (a fact about which he is
most proud). He hunts, but his bird does most of the work. All he has to do
is stay within sight of her. Chasing his 4-year-old son around the house
often requires more effort.

Obviously exercise and physical stress are important, but lots of physical
work isn't necessarily required for everyone trying to keep their weight
down and their muscles toned and firm. As with other aspects of Paleolithic
nutrition, absolute statements (everyone has to exercise to be slim and
trim) don't seem to be universally applicable.

Troy G.