From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 14:26:20 -0700
> Around here, those bag o' salads are about the same
> price as regular lettuce, sometimes cheaper (as
> little
> as 2 pounds for around $1).

Where are you regionally? What is the name of the
store?

We have a couple of chains around here that sell these
bags 'o salad. The problem is the quality. The "cheap"
bags have just the regular salad fare - iceburg, some
carrots pieces, etc.... The "good" quality bags have a
variety of greens and other veggies, but they are
expensive!

> Subject: Body makeup variance
>
> I see a lot of talk lately about the different
> dietary needs of different people.
> I wonder how much variance there is in weight,
> musculature, and illness
> among native HG's?  HG's probably eat about the same
> diet within a tribe,
> yet pictures of tribes that I have seen seem to have
> a large variance in body fat
> and build.
> Thus I would expect that among us there should be
> quite a variance in
> percent body fat on identical diets.

Also consider that most of us are "mongrels",
comprised of genetic material from all parts of the
world. I variations can be detected within a
geographically isolated tribe, imagine what that means
for us modern hybrids.