From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 22:29:03 +0200
At 15:39 1999-09-10 -0500, Brad wrote:
>suggested eating crackers to settle my wife's stomach in the morning and

According to Nesse & Williams (different versions of their book has
different titles, the one I have i "Evolution and Healing") morning
sickness is a way to guarantee that the mother does not eat anything
that can disturb the foetus during a delicate period. As this is like
fear, that evolution results in a functionality "on the safe side"
(it is better to be a little too afraid than a little not enough)
morning sickness often is there although it is not necessary - the
food was not dangerously (for the Foetus) toxic.
But anything that reduces the morning sickness is risky, as it can
make the mother _not_ vomiting or otherwise avoiding some bad food.
So the paleo alternative to crackers is no crackers and nothing else
to settle the stomach.

- Hans