From:
Keith McLaurin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 09:47:36 -0400
Hello-
I joined the list last week and am still working my way thru the archives to
see if I can find some answers to a few questions.  Well, first a little
about myself.  I have been following a low carb diet since September 1997,
with excellent results.  I just recently got interested in Paleo diets in
the last 6 months.  However, I still have not converted to 100% paleo diet
but am close to it.  My question is about Trans Fats.  When I look up a
particular food on the USDA website can I tell from the Lipid Breakdown if
it contains Trans Fats or not?  I do not have a strong background in Organic
Chemistry and could not tell one fatty acid from another.  So is there
anyway to tell from looking at the USDA Nutrient Values if a particular food
contains Trans Fats or not?