From:
David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 09:11:24 -0700
At 10:18 AM 05/18/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>>First off, anyone who thinks bench presses are even a remotely benificial
>>movement obviously knows nothing of human physiology (see Arthur Jones).

        I compete in powerlifting of which the bench press is one of the lifts
that we preform. In spite of this I would be the first to admit that the
bench press is a great destroyer of shoulder joints when done incorrectly.
I did this myself for many years and know that there are much better ways
of developing your upper body than the bench, namely dips, overhead
presses, and incline presses.

Dave