From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 17:17:19 -0400
On Thu, 11 May 2000 14:24:42 MDT, Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>I don't understand what beeing vegetarian (avoiding meat in nutrition)
>>should have to do with any sexual practices or drincing alcohol.
>
>None of the above have anything to do with eachother.  My only point was
the
>you can make the Bible say anything you want.

Shure you can. But how did you get from veg to the bible?

What i experience sometimes is, when people see I'm a vegetarian, often
they expect me to be somewhat very after beeing healthy, or not drinking
alcohol or somehow fasting.
But that's the wrong way round of to infer something.

There are certain reasons that bring some people to be vegetarian AND to be
alcohol abstinent (AND maybe somehow sexually restrictive) AND...
This may be somehow religious reasons.

If you see a vegetarian you shouldn't infer that he or she has the
one reason to be one, which is presently in your mind.
(I even used to say: " I like meat.. but living" :-)
because I didn't like peoples wrong associations )

There are other reasons - like one beeing a pacifist may want not to kill
animals too. But accept fish or other "low" animals - even cockroaches.
Or one involved in animals' rights - but he or she could possibly
eat meats only from naturally grown up and not industry produced animals.
Or not killed, but naturally died animals.

Well this is why i react if you suddenly involve bible from
animals rights from vegetarianism (no strong connections IMO).

How did you like the Essene excerpts? Inspired me again.
Quite some wisdom - like sprouting, not mixing, not cooking...
It has also some restricting in it (only two meals per day, fasting day,
eating slowly ...)
This I didn't want to mention as paleo-style-
but maybe it really *is*....

Amadeus