Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 16:20:21 -0400
>gordon <[log in to unmask]> said:

I'm not worried about the size of the cages provided they are not
drastically smaller than those used with ordinary chickens but I am a little
disturbed by the price difference. I like these eggs but they are priced at
about $1.70 per dozen compared to the 70 cents or so that I pay for ordinary
eggs.

We have been paying $1.99 per dozen (*free range*) eggs from a natural foods
store for years.  $1.70 would be a deal!!  Btw: While these birds don't have
much room to roam--unless we get them right from a farmer--,they are deeper
yellow, more flavorful, and have harder shells and firmer yolks than
supermarket eggs.

Rachel