Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 06:52:56 -0500
> Which is sad, because I love fruit.  I guess I just love it too much.

I also love fruit. I go crazy for it. :) It's like candy to me now that I am
eating low-carb/paleo, and this is so for the first time in my life that I
can recall. Fruit took the place of cheese as my snack of choice when I
switched from Atkins to Paleo.

My weight dropped too low, (to 160 lbs at 6'1"), when I cut out the fatty
dairy products. I then started eating lots of fruit with no limits in an
effort to regain some weight. Within a week I was eating easily about ten
big juicy delicious red apples and a full bunch of bananas every day and
relishing every sweet bite. Finally I had to get a grip and start limiting
the fruit intake.

My weight had dropped from a hefty 220+ lbs to a skinny low of 160 lbs in
about six or eight months. I never counted calories. I believe these results
were due largely to my reduced appetite during ketosis. I'm now back up to a
reasonable 174 lbs, mostly because of new muscle from working out. I'm in
the best shape of my life now thanks largely to low-carb/paleo and weight
training.

One thing I miss a lot is brewer's yeast. I often mixed a heaping tablespoon
of it in a glass of cold water to drink as breakfast or with breakfast. I
once considered it one of nature's perfect foods. I understand it is not
paleo but I'm tempted to add it back to my diet. I wonder if anyone can give
me a good scientific reason not to do so.

-gts