From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 13:24:51 -0500
On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Ingrid Bauer/J-C Catry wrote:

> >Conclusion: They are paleo.
>
> i forgot to answer that one
> The cashew are certainly paleo but not the white residue of the modern
> processing plants that are sold to occidental palates as cashew nuts.(IMO)
> I don't remember the exact procedures , but chemical solvents are used .and
> high heat.

I don't disagree with anything you have written here.  My point
was simply that the cashew is paleo, but there might be other
reasons to avoid them.  As you know, there are many foods that
are paleo but subjected to various processing methods before most
of us ever see them.  Olive oil is an example that we have
discussed before, as is coconut oil, and frozen "natural" apple
juice concentrate, etc.

Maybe we need to distinguish between simple paleo (*tout court*),
unprocessed paleo, Old World paleo, and other variations...

Todd Moody