From:
David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 23:14:31 -0800
At 03:51 PM 03/02/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>On less philosophical note I have finally convinced my girlfriend to start
>eating low-carb. I'm starting her on Atkins, and hope eventually to pester
>and proselytize her until she joins me in my paleo diet. :)

        You might want to come to the realization that to truly reap the many
rewards of eating paleo that it is a lifestyle driven by a philosophy. I
could be wrong but I think looking at it as a temporary "diet" for weight
loss is missing the much greater benefit of health. And you won't have to
pester her or proselytize her if you are seriously paleo as she will be
very curious about your paleo health rewards.

>Problem is, she doesn't like to eat meat! She was raised on a farm and
>apparently she suffered too many traumatic childhood experiences watching
>her father kill and slaughter her farm animal friends, many of which she
>viewed as pets. Is there any hope for her? Is it possible to eat a paleo
>diet without meat?
>
>-gts

        Is this a serious question? That would be like trying to play football
without a ball, or trying to swim without water, or bob for apples without
the apples!
        I have had vegetarians ask me this before. The answer is no. They could,
however, it a low carb diet that doesn't contain meat but some bullshit
second class food like soybeans.
        Besides, if she really loved her pets she would realize that they could
become part of her if she ate them instead of petting them.( A bumper
sticker I once saw: I love animals, they're delicious!)

Dave