From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:15:06 -0500
On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Mark Labbee wrote:

> Hi Todd,
>
> To my knowledge, sucrose is not found in fruits only fructose. The only
> sources of sucrose that I know of are sugar cane and sugar beets.

That was my impression too, until I found a textbook on the
subject and found that sucrose is in oranges and other fruits.
According to this text (sorry, I don't have the reference handy,
I'm working from my notes here), a standard orange contains 5.5g
of sucrose, 3.3g of fructose, and 2.9g of glucose.  I can try to
find the complete reference if you like.

Todd Moody