Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 22:31:20 -0800

>I bought *the book*..Neanderthin yesterday.....and although I am a
>staunch,non-evolutionist......Christian.  I can see through time the
>progression of disease etc...as we have become more modernized.  Will I fit
>in with this group ?  If not kick me out now.......My dh is on Atkins BUT I
>desire something maybe a bit different...think it is the lure of the
>fruit!!!..I do have alot of weight to lose but even more important than that
>is to become a healthy person.  Please do not respond IF it is your intent to
>try and sway my personal religious beliefs.  I want to learn IF this is the
>way to become a healthy eater.
>Mrs. L.

Hi, L. I'm sure the sundry Christians on the list
could respond on matters of faith, but if you have
read The Book (or is that the Other Book?) you will
have discerned that it was inspired by and based
upon scientific (i.e. based on observed data) principles.

You may find that there are many other Deists and
Theists who find no conflict between God and science,
depending on whom you hang out with.

Fortunately, whether the World was created 6000 years ago,
or a few billion, NeanderThin is about getting healthy,
not just about weight loss. It is somewhat controversial,
and is still being roughed out. Like all scientific theories,
it will evolve -- oops, there's that word -- by
shedding mistaken early assumptions and mistakes,
and by incorporation of new ideas and discoveries.

Try it, it does work. Welcome to the list.