From:
Brett Crosby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:22:33 +1030
That would partly explain why I had the worst nights sleep since going paleo last
night.
My brother, sister in law and their kids, including my new nephew, flew into
Adelaide from Melbourne last night and we cooked a dinner for their return.
I decided it would be too hard to convince eight people to go Paleo for the night
so instead, I decided to eat as they did but be careful about what I put on my
plate.
I had a good pile of vegetables (including leafy greens) and plenty of roast
chicken but there were four sources of bad carbs: a toast to the new baby with a
small glass of champagne; a mustard-bechamel sauce on the cauliflower; some roast
potatoes; a small amount of lime and passionfruit souffle. I thought at the time
that I was having so little against the other food that I was eating that it
wouldn't make any difference for one night.
I was wrong.
I slept poorly, had difficulty getting up in the morning, I feel fuzzy headed and
lethargic as I write this email and you could knock me down with a feather pillow
if you tried.
The Paleo WOE is new to me and, I must admit that I have gone into it with a
sceptical mind but last night has convinced me that grain-based foods (and
drinks) are almost a poison to the system. I should have been convinced by the
4kg weight loss in 2 weeks - hopefully more to come - but sometimes, especially
when we are sceptical, the obvious is little more than a shadow. May the shadows
depart to show the path in the light.
Good luck to others.
Brett