Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:04:10 -0800
Ann,

I've only been on this list a short time, & I'm certainly not an expert on
paleo, but I like where you're coming from.  I don't want to be in ketosis
either, as it sounds pretty uncomfortable, and my goal is to feel better,
not worse.  I am getting absolutely wonderful results by following some of
the main ideas I've read here (and elsewhere).  I have given up all dairy,
grains, beans, starchy veggies, and of course refined sugar, except for the
occasional treat.  I still drink coffee, and have been known to eat some
grated cheese whenever I'm kidnapped and taken to Chevy's.  However, even
though I'm obviously not trying as hard as some others on this list, I can't
even believe the results I'm getting.  This morning I weighed myself at the
gym, and the scale said 117 lbs.  I kept getting on and off the scale,
because it didn't make any sense.  I have not weighed 117 since I don't even
remember.  Maybe 20 years ago.  And the thing is, I'm not really working at
it.  It's easy enough to just give up a few things. (I will never give up
coffee, though.)

Diane