Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 06:39:10 -0400
(Sorry it took me so long to respond to this issue.....I got behind in my
digests!)

MTBE Facts:
1.  For every 10 gallons of gasoline on the market 1 gallon is MTBE (a
additive).
2. One cup of MTBE in a city reservoir can contaminate the entire water
supply.
3.  Very little research has been done on MTBE.  It has caused cancer in
some rates, in the research done.
4.  The EPA approved use of MTBE w/out any testing of the long term effect.
5.   In Santa Monica, CA  14 wells which supply the city are MTBE
contaminated and 8 now cannot be used.
6.  MTBE is getting into both surface water and ground water.
7.  80% of water supplies which have been tested for MTBE show its presence>
8.  The only water purification technology which has been shown to
effectively remove MTBE is a solid carbon block.  A reverse osmosis will
remove MTBE if it also includes a solid carbon block (which is NSF
certified).
9.  Currently only 1 manufacturere of water purifiers on the market is NSF
Certified to remove MTBE.  (Multi-Pure Corporation.)  (See last post for
more on NSF!)

This company has been an industry leader for more than 30 years, has over 2
million satisfied customers world wide (including hospitals, governments,
universities, airlines, foreign embassies, and private households).  This
company also offers a 25 year warranty on their units (the longest in the
industry).  Don and I have each used a Multi-Pure for more than 12 years
apiece!!!

I joined this list to meet people, share ideas, pass on knowledge I have,
and learn more NOT with the intention of making $$.  However, I also
distribute the water purifiers which I speak of (BTW:  teaching people how
to shop for, prepare and eat healthy foods isn't the most *in demand*
service!!!  It's a labor of love!!!!! :-))  So, I also educate people about
something as important as what we eat and help them get the most effective,
econominal and durable water purifier for their families, since it had has
helped Don and I!!! :)).

If that bothers anyone, I'd be happy to connect you to other Multi-Pure
distributors.  The company's website is <www.multipureco.com>

Either way, I'd be happy to answer any water questions, tell you what I
know, send you articles if you e-mail me privately.

Here to help,

Rachel Albert-Matesz, FW, HCC, CI, WPP, PDE
(just joking about the letters but not the things they stand for!!!! :))
Freelance Writer, Healthy Cooking Coach, Cooking Instructor, Water
Purification Professional, Paleo Diet Enthusiast!!!