From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 22:24:58 -0800
-
>Skinny being beautiful and healthy is a misconception. Just because one
>is skinny does not make them healthy.  i have known many a skinny person
>with health problems.  Graves Disease, diabetes, cancer, all sorts of
>auto immune diseases... shall I go on?  I would have to say being at
>ideal body weight AND  being healthy is beautiful.  Not JUST  being
>skinny.

I have been thin all my life no matter how bad  or which quantity i was
eating (enormous) and i have autoimmune disease .
I often say to obese peoples that they are lucky to have a metabolism that
make fat because i believe that  the body have used a naturel ability to
stored the excess of nonmetabolisable molecules ( toxines) that can't be
eliminated ( the organs of elimination being overwhelmed by the work).
If the fats cells allow the toxins to be removed from the daily metabolism
it will explain why some  people even on fast or calorie restriction diet
have hard time to loose weight . The risk of intoxification being great.TO
FORCE THE BODY IN BURNING FATS.
I think they have this chance to have some other organs less at risk ( at
least up to a certain level of storage) In my case i understand that my body
, while overwhelmed by the elimination work ,it had to store those toxines
in more vital organs than fatty tissues. This "marking' of cells by "
foreign" molecules" could have triggered the immune system"in destroying
those cells.
So don't be hard on yourself or others , conditions being what they are ,
trust that the body get the most out of it and that it does at every moment
its best to maintain its integrity.
The work is on changing the conditions of diseases not to wanting to get rid
of the outcomes.
some obese peoples gained weight at 1st when switching to instinctive eating
like if the body was not ready to eliminate the toxins and choose to removed
them from more vitals tissues to fat cells, after a while they started to
loose the fat too and did it  for good. ( once it was safe to  break down
the  stored fat and  to release the toxins in the blood stream to be
eliminated , )

jean-claude