From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 00:40:53 -0800
> don't forget sugar in commericial chinese food, and
> msg, and what oils? I
> find it very difficult to eat Chinese food from
> restaurants. Jody
> > Date:    Sat, 22 Jan 2000 10:01:15 -0500
> From:    Bob Hodgen <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Delurking

I eat "chinese" at a restaurant chain called Mongolian
BBQ. You fill a bowl with whatever you want from their
"smorgasboard", and then they stir-fry it for you on a
huge, round grill. I select only paleo ingrediants,
and the only thing I have to be careful about is
whatever sauces they have available (which may have
some soy in them). I mention this because we went
there this evening. I had a huge bowl with beef, pork,
shrimp, chicken, cabbage, bok-choy, broccoli, onion,
and green and hot peppers, all stir-fried into a
delicious mess. I'm trying to get my wife and son to
drop the noodles from their selections.
> >Did anyone else try to see this at cbs.com?  Is it
> just an NT thing that I
> >can't get the CBS video player to play?

Earlier version of NT did not handle Java very well.
Check your browser to see if Java (not Javascript) is
enabled. You may have it turned off. My Netscape
browser used to lock up when Java was enabled and I
was running under NT.

> If anyone is interested, we found a site that sells
> 100% egg white protein
> powder by special order.

You can also use the liquid egg substitutes (like
Eggstra) if you're afraid of raw eggs. It is
pasteurized, which may be a drawback for purists. Read
the labels, some of the products may also have soy binders.