From:
Michael Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 07:44:53 -0600
  So, It's kinda like reverse psychology.

There is no point trying to convince somebody afraid to learn something that
might change their life.
My father was very resistant ( to say the least ) when i was talking to my
mother about eating more raw foods. ( she have health problems and my father
doesn't). so he was critical ( he was afraid to lose his cook ,my mother)
and didn't try to change his mind at all. 2 years later he came to visit me
in Canada ,my attitude was the same  after 2 days he quit his coffee  ( that
was sacred for him) and
toasts  in the morning.( i told that if he wanted them he wil have to
prepare
it himself). he just found than eating fruits instead will be easier. few
days latter i brought him with me to work and ask him what could i bring for
lunch for him and answer : Don't bother i will eat like you!
And did so the following days too . At the end of the 3 weeks he went for
raw dinners  too . And now 4 years later he is still doing it with some
exceptions at time. ( when invited for example)
that was a miracle conversion and never thought he could change like that.
my mother who have many health reason to change her diet never did, she
relye on medications, but because of my father conversion  she is getting
curious)
demonstrate , wait for curiosity , before  responding to question and do it
shortly or even evasively.
If you ever read the book " the man who listen to horses" you can learn that
attitude of letting the wild horse come to you instead of" breaking it"
They made a movie from it "the horse whisperer"
maybe this book was meaningfull to me because i raised horses and broked
them ( gently but still)
        `