NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Zenzele Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:11:25 -0500
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> <<  because i was just diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome , and
> it's
> absolutely necessary for me to avoid dairy at all costs. >>
>
> Why? What's the connection between IBS and dairy? Is there one?
> Hilda

i don't know if there is a connection, but from what i've read, avoiding
dairy is a good thing to do in order to avoid some of the symptoms.  i'm
still learning about all this, and am really at odds with the doctor who
diagnosed me, but until i get a second opinion, i'm trying to avoid as
much discomfort as possible.

zen