C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 08:57:00 EST
In a message dated 02/09/2000 12:52:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 <<Now I can tell them that too, thanks to Dr. Ken.  I hope somebody is
keeping
 track of the top ten count.  This stuff is rich!>>

 Me too, Betty. BTW what are you doing up so early?

Man oh man.  I haven't seen a circadian rhythm...lately.  My schedule has
been pretty whacked out for a long time.  I think it started in the fire
department, and went downhill from there.

Just before the P.N. came on, I was working two jobs.  One for the Navy, and
one for a local nature store (The "Wild Bird Center").  My bird, Astro, lived
in the store at the time.  I would go into the store at about 4:00 in the
morning and take care of Astro.  Then I would look around for stuff to do in
the store since I had an hour or so before I went to my regular job.  You
know, there is always something to do in a retail store -- dusting if nothing
else.  After I got off my Navy job, I would go home, take a shower, then go
back to the store.  I'd close the store at 7:00, but look for more things to
do.  Sometimes I was in that store until 11:00 or 12:00 at night.  I didn't
have to be but I really loved working there -- no family so it was cool --
and I had more time with the amazing Astro Bird.  Then I'd go home, sleep for
a couple of hours, and then do it all over again.

I never needed much sleep until the disability but now I sleep for about 14
-- 16 hours every day including naps.  But because of the naps I'm sometimes
up for half the night.

Long answer, but that's what I was doing up so early.  I never look at clocks
anymore.

Betty (watch this space)