C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:53:57 EDT
I don't know why the list has been so quiet either.  Perhaps someone would be
interested in the study entitled "Consequences of Employment Protection? The
Case of the Americans with Disabilities Act."   <A
HREF="http://www.nber.org/papers/w6670">Daron Acemoglu, Joshua Angrist --
"Consequences of Employment Protection? The C</A>

We could discuss the potential ramifications of this report, or we could just
have a contest to see how many times we can use the word "ramifications" in a
post.

No kidding.  I don't like the implications of this report, which seems to
suggest that the ADA caused an adverse effect on the hiring of people with
disabilities.  Just out of curiosity, have other people seen this?  What do
you think?

Betty Alfred
"I instigate therefore I am"