AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 08:16:40 -0500
Hey Tamara,

If your student is using a computer there are quite a few products you can
use.  One is entitled JAWS and it is available both for Windows 95 98 and
NT.  It reads all bottons and is very easy to install.It's quite good but
pricey.  Check out their site under Henter-Joyce.  There is another cheaper
product that only reads what is on the screen, it's called WillowTalk from a
company in Mass.  It's rather simple but for home use or if the student has
some sight it works quite well.  Only works under 95 but I have been able to
get it to work under NT.  There is also magnification software if the
student has some sight.  A couple are ZoomText, and a company entitled
Telesensory has a good product that work under Windows.

Good luck

Maggie Berndt