Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 22:46:14 -0800
7bit
From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Hi,

Chances are your Rockwell modem supports the V.90 and definitely the
K56 Flex standards. Here's a few things to consider.

 1.) The access number you dial must support a 56k connection
with the K56 Flex or V.90 standard or it will automatically fallback
to the highest speed supported. (usually 33.6k, but most 56k modems
can not fallback to this and will negotiate the next highest of 31.2k)

 2.) If your ISP can not verify the above then ask for another access
number ( even if it's long distance) for comparison.

 3.) If that doesn't help consider trying a free internet service
like  www.bluelight.com  or  www.juno.com, which both have
full support for 56k modems. This is a good way to compare
ISP performance and determine if the problem is on their end
or yours.

If you're connection rate still does not improve;  you may live in an
area
which simply can not benefit from a 56k connection due to excessive
distance from the switch or poor phone lines.

good luck with your ISP
-yui shin

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000 15:31:02 -0500 Mary-Belle Simmons
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
> After spending an hour on the phone with tech support, I am sending
> an
> email to this list.  I have an IBM, AMD K6-2 500mhz with a Rockwell
> 56K
> data fax pci modem installed.  I connect at 31200 or slower every
> time.
> Tech support was able to offer no advice after checking my settings
> and
> asking me about my phone line connection.  Would anyone here have
> any
> suggestions to improve the speed of my connection?  Thanks in
> advance.
> --

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD... All the files from our File Download
         area and much more...  over 165 files, all on one CD!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions