Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 08:08:10 +1100
From: Kenny Brown <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, December 20, 1999 5:19 AM
Subject: Re: [P-F] W-3's

> Actually the latter claim is false.  Commercial
> > grain-fed beef
> > > has a 1:2 ratio of w3 to w6 fats, which is not
> > considered low at
> > > all.
>
> I challenge the w3 to w6 ratio in today's grain fed
> beef in Todd's post, the ratio is more like 1:11 of w6
> to w3. In the Nicholson interview he states:

I think you mean 11:1
Actually just found a similar section in the Omega Diet, Artemis Simopoulos
(actually she's the editor of the same World Review of Nutrition and
Dietetics that Loren Cordain's "Ceral Grains : Humaities Double Edged Sword"
appeared in, as welll as prominent NIH posts in the past). Sorry TOdd, looks
like I was right.  Also looks like she discovered the "good egg"- on
holidays in Crete she noted the free range chickens eating grass, purslane
etc- boiled their eggs and took them to the states and got the NIH to ttest
them- result= high in W-3 fats.

Now W-6 fats may be essential but we have a glut of them- we really don't
need to make any effort to get them in Western culture.

Next question- which fats do we store in our adipose tissue (tummies)?- are
they released the same way they went in? I believe they are but haven't read
about this issue for years.

Ben Balzer
"The ideal diet for any animal is that which it eats in the wild. Humans are
no exception."
"Ask a dietitian or doctor how to lose weight and you'll be told to eat
bread, corn, soy, cereals etc.. Ask a farmer how to fatten an animal and
you'll be told to feed it bread, corn, soy, cereals etc. There is a
discrepancy that needs explanation."