Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 18:37:16 +0200
The new archeological found seems to be followed by favorite theories
about human migration. Let me present my own.
Start: We have a group of early humans. The depend on some kind of
technology for hunting. It is good. The animals around have not yet
adapted to this new danger and are easy to kill. But as time goes those
animal that fear man more procreate better, so this technology becomes
less effective to supply the growing lot of people (there is quite a lot
of them now thanks to the technology. And also ther are less of the
animals as man is a hungry one. So what to do? Move on! Said and
done, most of the people move to places where the animals still are
easy to get close. Some stay. After some long time, man has spread quite
far, happily hunting. But the ones that stayed, what happened to them?
Well some of them got a bit cleverer and found out a new better technology,
so the next wave starts. More people thanks to better hunting, and soon
less prey. So next migration wave. And so on. And as each new wave had
better brains and technology, they took over and replaced the people
from earlier waves.
Add to this the effects of changing climate, making the hunting better now
here now there. And man can easily travel long distances in a lifetime.
When at last the hunting technology was so refined that there was too
little prey left, and the newest version of Homo Sapiens all over the
place, the next technology was agriculture and husbandry. And when that
had spread all over and exhausted the resources....

- Hans