Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
P & L Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 08:22:31 -0500
> Only the wilingness to pay the real price can change that.
> I am myself living way below the poverty line but i will not compromise on
> that one . If my food choices get too expensive i catch up by eating
> dandelion or nettle,  free for the taking .
> jean-claude
> When my health is at stake i have no hesitation to pay the real value of
> food

You struck a personal nerve here, Jean-Claude.  It gets me
too when folks would rather put premium gas in their cars
while putting garbage into their bodies.  From five to
twenty times my income is what the average US 40-year-old
makes, and yet I pay a minimum of $3/lb. for organic meats.
The average price I pay is about $5/lb.  I will drive an
hour or more from my rural area to find an organic farmer or
retailer - few are closer than that - and much of the meat I
mail-order for variety.  I cringe when family members
complain about food prices.  They pay 1/3 as much as I do
for foods, yet make six or seven times my income.  (Of
course, they are suffering from diabetes, thyroid disorders
and other endocrine problems, obesity, etc.)  And I would
pay much more than that if it would fully give me back the
health that my long-time vegan diet (organic too) robbed me
of.

Lois

P.S.  The daylily shoots are just emerging around the
streams and forest edges - delicious treats, but I tend to
eat too many and pay the price!