Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kenny Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 17:53:19 -0800
Now I've read the site you offered.  I think we have
been told many times over by Ben et al the case
studies and personal testomonials are not scientific
knowledge.  Hey maybe this guy had a nervous disorder
that could have been corected by Dr. Dave or Dr. Kim.
All kiding aside, I can't except this one peice of
evidence as proof for doing away with aerobic
exercise.
I had understood that v-fib was actually worse because
their is almost no cardiac output while in v-fib,
unlike a-fib, this will kill you pretty quick.

I have to admit that if I were actually pursuing
health, I would not do near as much aerobic activity,
in fact all I would do is my push ups, pull ups, abs,
wall squats some barefoot sprints in the grass and
carry a burlap sack of corn around for a half hour
each day.  Corn has to be used for something eh?

I don't think I ever said aerobic exercise could
increase VO2.  Unless it is by the increase in
capilary density, increase in Mitochondria in the
muscle cell and oxidative enzymes.

To increae VO2 one must exercise at a capacity greater
then the anaerobic threshold.  This can be done with
rhythmic exercises like running and cycling, or weight
training.  However weight training is usually at such
short length that it only contributes to about 1-2 %
increase in VO2, while rhythmic exercise done for 45
secs up to 2 minutes above the anaerobic thereshold
can increase the VO2 by as much as 15-20% in most
average people.

=====
-kb.