Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phil Genova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:06:23 -0500
The cave girl newbie has three questions:

1.  If we want to try to emulate the eating patterns as closely as we
can of indigenous folks, then why are we deep frying?  I thought the
Inuit were able to thrive on the proportion of  blubber and seal oil
because they ate it, true, in great quantity, but more importantly,
RAW.   Doesn't heating any fat, even if relatively stable saturates like
coconut and lards create the hazard of trans fats?  I'm not
scientifically oriented, so if you could answer this in layman's terms,
I'd be appreciative.

2.  Is there an alternative to rendered suet as a binding agent for
pemmican?  I tried unhydrogenated coconut butter, but it melted  and
turned my lovely meat muffins (is that a slang for something else,  gosh
I hope not) into kibble...... I came across a recipe that called for
peanut butter instead of  lard, but that's not paleo.

3.  Does anyone have any leads on 100% grass fed, drug free bison meat
that does not require  a second mortgage in order to purchase.  I found
www.bisonranch . com. but they want $5.00/lb and that was just for
ground!  O.K., I admit, the prairie oysters were $2.00 each, (or was
that for the pair, can't remember now)

Thank you, Judy Genova (not Phil)