Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Dr. James Alpigini" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 07:33:03 -0500
Usual disclaimer: I ain't a doctor of medicine!

Dori wrote:

>I'd say go to your GYN/OB and have him or her check
>it out.  But DON'T mention the diet, at least not in the beginning.
>Otherwise, you'll get the 'you're-KILLING-yourself!' routine and may even
>risk hearing the
>'eat-a-healty-diet-and-see-what-happens-before-we-order-tests' spiel.  Who
>has time for hot air?  Run some tests and see what they show.

I could easily imagine a physician rolling his eyes up at the mention of
"Paleolithic" or "Neanderthin".  MD's seem conditioned to object to any
diet which is not named for a pyramid.  But, if you repackaged the diet as:
 "eating lots of vegetables, fruit, lean meats, fish, olive oil and gave up
coffee (for you brave folks) and sugar", then I would be surprised if he or
she could find much to object to.

James at Penn State
James Alpigini, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Systems Engineering
Penn State Great Valley School of Graduate Professional Studies
30 E. Swedesford Road, Malvern, PA 19355-1443
Phone: 610-648-3357; e-mail: [log in to unmask]; fax 610-889-1334