C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 19:55:43 -0500
mom mhc <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> For those adults with CP on the list, did your parents treat
> you as if you were asexual? How did they prepare you, or fail
> to perpare you for a social/love life? How did you overcome
> this in adulthood? Renee

No, my parents never treated me as asexual.  I've had a boyfriend for the
past year and change (also disabled) but Mom knows we're definitely NOT
asexual. I'm 25 years old, and have shown that I'm mature and intelligent
enough to make good decisions about safe sex and all.

I learned about the basics of sex from my parents, some from school, but
mostly from friends and reading materials, I LOVE to read, so I read about
everything I could. I was well educated, so I'm very prepared for  the
"what if's" of being a disabled, and sexual young adult.

Joanne