C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 12:39:51 EDT
Hi Robert!

It's very easy to reply to a specific person who posts something on the list.
 You just copy the sender's e-mail address, and paste it onto the address
line in your reply.  Here's a step by step procedure.  I've made this
detailed because I don't know how much you know about the procedures (not to
insult your intelligence):

Before you hit "reply"

1.  Highlight their e-mail address which is listed after the "from" in the
address area.
(See mine above?  It should say "From:  [log in to unmask] (Betty Alfred).  You
can      highlight the address by positioning your curser in front of the
address, and holding the left mouse button down as you drag the curser over
the address.  Let the mouse button go when you reach the end of the address
(assuming you use a mouse configured for the right hand).
2.  Press "Edit" on the AOL toolbar.
3.  Press "Copy" on the drop down menu that appears under "Edit"
4.  Then press "Reply" -- Your reply e-mail will appear.
5.  Highlight the "Send To" address which will be
6.  Press "Edit" on the AOL toolbar again.
7.  Press "Paste" on the drop down menu that appears under "Edit"
You should see the e-mail address of the person you want to reply to appear
where the C-PALSY address was.

If you want to, you can practice on this e-mail by sending a reply directly
to me to see if this works.  I'll reply to you directly so you'll know.

Good Luck,
Betty Alfred