From:
Niko Antalffy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 23:45:37 +1000

Dear Listmembers,

I'm new to celiac and have been forced to eat out recently. I tried my
only 'safe' option, a thai restaurant on two nights and I got a
reaction. Is that possible that thai restaurants use soy sauce in their
stir fried vegies or sweet and sour vegies, soy sauce that has wheat in
it? Have you got reactions from soy sauce before? It looks like nothing
is safe and again I'm depressed. I only seem to stay symptom free when I
prepare everything from fresh unprocessed ingredients or I can
scrutinize the labels. Being vegetarian, lactose intolerant and celiac
seems like a recipe for disaster. What do you all do? How do you
survive??? I feel like not going to my gastro this week and just turning
back to my old biscuits in denial. Help!

Niko