Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 06:34:57 -0600

Hello to the List,
    In Albuquerque, NM, USA, there is a Vietnamese grocery store called
Tai Lin's, right near the Fairgrounds.  I had been using it for years to
purchase all my rice, tapioca, potato, etc. flours.  They have now
installed a refrigerated case that has bakery items all prepackaged.
The ingredients are all what we can have.

    I spoke with the clerk, and she informed me that Vietnamese people
do not ever use rice flour in their products.  One package I purchased
contained the following:  Rice Flour, Water, Peanut, Coconut, Sugar,
Soybean Oil and it had 4 little round balls of pastry.  They were
different but very good.  There were several others types of sweets
also.

    If you live in a city that might have a large group of Vietnamese,
(Seattle for one) look in the phone book for a store that carries those
type of things.  Perhaps you can find some ready made items.  The
commercial bakery is Khun Kee Bakery, 111 Rural Drive, Monterey Park, CA
91754.  Tel. is (626) 307-0296.  If you live in that area of
California, they may have a commercial outlet where you could buy some
items.

    It is just wonderful to buy packaged bakery items at a very low cost
(4 of these in one package for $1.00).

Joy Ash, Silver City, NM, USA