From:
Don McPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 19:05:19 -0800

Don't be deterred by the name (!) It's billed as a cafe/bakery,and is
packed on weekends at breakfast time, but they also serve wonderful dinners,
and the waitstaff and kitchen people were very obliging.  They are
accustomed to dealing with special dietary needs, and advised me on
substitutions, although they are not thoroughly familiar with the gf diet. I
had a lemon/ herb chicken dish with roasted red potatoes and steamed
veggies. The chicken was cooked to perfection.   I wasn't sure enough about
the ingredients of the other sauces in the equally wonderful dishes the
others ordered.   My daughter has volunteered to take the GIG taboo list to
them soon, since they are just blocks from her home.  They are located on
the corner of 65th St. N.E. and 32nd Ave. N.E.