From:
Deborrah C. Szuch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 22:08:42 -0600

Thank you to everyone who replied to my questions regarding GF Rice
Crispies and GF instant pudding mix.  The following are GF Rice
Crispy-type cereals:

GUDRUNS Crispy Rice cereal - available from Kinnikinnick Foods - is
supposed to taste EXACTLY like Kelloggs.  When next I order from them, I
will get a few boxes.  A word here about this company.  I know there
were a lot of problems with shipping from Kinnikinnick; however, I they
have recently changed mail carriers to DHL, since they were having
endless problems with the US Postal Service (big surprise).  I ordered
products from them in November - the boxes arrived in perfect condition
in two days!  Please give them another chance. 1-877-503-4466.  They
ship on Tuesdays.

Rice Twice by Erewhon

Crispy Rice from New Morning - if not in local health food stores, you
can order New Morning Cereal from Walnut Acres.  Their URL is
www.walnutacres.com  This product contains Amaranth - make your own
decision.

The ONLY GF instant pudding and pie mix reported was by Royal brand.
Their chocolate (UPC29000 00331) and vanilla (UPC29000 00332) instant
pudding mixes are GF - I double-checked with the company and spoke with
a representative from Nabisco and they verfied GFstatus.  When I
questioned them about cross-contamination, they stated that since
wheat/gluten is a serious allergen, if they determined that
cross-contamination would occur during production of a product, they
would list it on the package.  (I tried the mix in my chocolate chip
cookes yesterday, and produced the best tasting cookies I've tried in
two years.  My son has been eating them with no reaction.)

In the Milwaukee are, the generic brand sold by the Kohl's store
(American's Choice, I think) is g.f.  Modified food starch is from corn.
One of the Milwaukee celiac group's members called the company.  It took
a few days to get back to her, but it was worth the effort.

Hope this helps out there!

Deb in IL