From:
Betty Jodrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 22:06:05 -0500

Hi to all my new  celiac friends,
Thank you so much for all the response about which Support Groups you use.
I had 60 responses!  Most everyone suggested you get involved in a local
support group and I have since found one about 2 hours from me.  I plan to
be in touch with them.  The lady in charge of the group has been very
helpful.

In addition to the three groups I asked about, some of you gave helpful
information about some additional resources.  Please find the summary
(which I hope isn't too long) below:

1) CSA/USA - By far this group got the most votes.  It is a national group
and has over 150 chapters in the USA.  The group publishers a newsletter
and a book of safe food can be purchased for $8.00.  The group also holds
an annual conference.  On the other hand, some thought their material to be
outdated and the group to be over-cautious
The address is:    CSA/USA
                   PO Box 31700
                   Omaha, NE  68131

2) Celiac Disease Foundation ranked 2nd.  It also publishes a quarterly
newsletter.  Some folks felt it was more concerned with people in its
location.

The address is:  Celiac Disease Foundation
                 13251 Ventura Blvd., Suite 1
                 Studio City, California 91604-1838

3) TCCSG was 3rd.  As a part of its membership, you get a shopping guide
listing safe foods.  If you don't want to join, you can still buy the book
for $10.00.  They also publish 8-9 newsletters each year (20pp.)  The
membership is pro-rated throughout he year.  If you don't want to join, you
can still get their newsletter at

               http://www.enabling.org/ia/celiac/#nws1

The address is:  TCCSSG
                 34638 Beechwood Street
                 Farmington Hills, MI  48335

4) GIG  - Gluten Intolerance Group
          15110 10 Ave. SW
          Suite A
          Seattle, WA  98166

This group produces a quarterly newsletter and product list.  They also
have a wonderful annual camp for children.

5) Gluten Free Living Newsletter  by Ann Whealan was also mentioned - 6
issues $29.00
               Address:  Gluten Free Living
                         PO Box 105
                         Hastings-on-Hudson, NY  (no zip given)

You can write to her at [log in to unmask] or go to her Website
http://www.celiac.com/contacts2.html#0

6) The INTERNET was sited by some to be the best and cheapest place for
information

http://www.geocities.com/
Gluten free food site  http://www.glutenfreegrocery.com/
To find a local support group: http://www.enabling.org/ia/celiac/

7) Sully's Living Without Magazine  - 4 magazines for $16.00 - highly
recommended PO Box 132 Clarendon Hills, IL 6054-013

          Back issues also available

8)  A couple of books were recommended: Against the Gain by J.P. Lowell
and a drug guide form Stokes Pharmacy in N. J. for $19.00  1-800-362-7466

9) A newsletter devoted to dining and travel was also listed
           Bob & Ruth's Gluten Free dining and Travel Club
           22 Breton Hill Rd.
           Pikesville, MD  21208

9) And lastly, this listserv was listed as a great support and I agree.
The Archive Lists contain lots of information and if read frequently, can
help one stay up to date on issues.

Thanks again for all your help.  Each time I log on to my email, I know I
will learn something new from my celiac friends.  I am so glad I found you
guys!!

Betty in Ohio (near Cincinnati)