Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 01:38:01 EST

Thanks everyone for sending the great punch recipes.  Now my only problem is
which one do I pick?

Here they are:

My favorite easy punch is 1 46 ounce can of Hawaiian Punch (I know there is
disagreeent over whether or not this is GF), mixed with 1 liter of 7-up,
Sprite or another lemon/lime beverage.  I like to float sherbet on top to
make it look festive - any flavor/color that suits you.
_____________________________

I use a ginger ale mixed with semi-melted sherbert (any flavor).  It is
wonderful!
______________________________

I used to make a punch from vanilla ice cream and 7-Up or ginger ale. Also
was good with orange sherbert and 7-Up or ginger ale. Floated slices of
orange and lemon on top of punch bowl, sometimes maraschino cherries. Going
fancy? I just thought it might be pretty to make ice cubes with one cherry
per cube, then float in bowl.
_______________________________

Sprite (or Gingerale) mixed with cranberry juice is really good too.  I'm
not sure of the amounts, I usually just mix until it tastes right, but
basicly a large 2litre bottle of pop to a large (1.5 litre?) bottle of
cranberry juice, then add lots of ice. You could also use one of those
mixed cranberry juices, ie. cranberry-apple, cranberry-grape, etc.,  that
would be really good too.
___________________

Here is a wonderful one, and easy to use.  Freeze cans of pineapple juice
the day before use, (at least) and then let them begin thawing a few hours
(3?) before the punch is to be mixed.  For every two  cans of slushy
pineapple juice, add a liter of ginger ale.  The great thing about this,
besides its taste and ease of preparation, is that you don't have to worry
about icing the punch.  Hope you like it too.
____________________________

I have a slush that we used for my daughters wedding last week.

You make the slush ahead and then just add sprite or 7-up to it when your
ready to serve.

smash 5 bananas
add 1 large can pineapple juice
add 1 can frozen orange juice (12 oz.)  plus 2 cans of water

desolve 4 cups of sugar to 6 cups of water

mix together and freeze in plastic zip-lock bags

you add one 2 liter of sprite to this

It was a big hit
_______________________

My mom's been making this one for years, and I use it for baby showers and
other parties.  Guests often assume it's "spiked"!

 2 liter bottle of sprite or 7 up, etc.
 1/2 gallon of Hi-C or similar fruit punch
 Sherbet in your choice, try and match the color to the punch!

        (If you use lime sherbet with red punch, you get a pretty ugly brown!)

Pour the fruit punch and sprit into punch bowl.  Gently place round scoops of
sherbet into the punch.  Enjoy!
_____________________

I cannot remember the exact quantities, but it is something like this (and
very good)
1 large can or tetra pak grapefruit juice
1 large or tetra pak can orange juice
1 bottle club soda or ginger ale (the one litre size)
1 jar marachino cherries (gf of course) with juice
1 large can fruit cocktail
2 small cans mandarin oranges
1 large can pineapple rings

Add more club soda/gingerale (or a mix of both) to make it to your liking.

If I find the exact measurenments, I will post again, but this is what I make
from memory!
_______________________

We always make a punch out of pineapple sherbert (actually any flavor
will do) 7-up and ginger-ale.  Mix equal parts of ginger-ale with 7-up.
Add scoops of sherbert.  Don't stir.  It'll foam some.  Try to keep the
ginger-ale and 7-up in the fridge until you're ready to mix the punch.
That way the sherbert doesn't melt completely and each glass gets
sherbert with the punch.
______________________

I recently had one that was mild and refreshing, a mellow pink color.
1 pkg. Lemon Berry Koolaid
2 liter bottle lemon lime soda
(I'm assuming you would add the cup of sugar for the koolaid)
_____________________

I was recently at a Christmas gathering where punch was served.  It was
really nice and light and had a little zip to it.  When I asked what was
in it, the hostess said it was Ocean Spray Cranberry Cocktail and Canada
Dry Ginger Ale.
_______________________

Holiday Punch
 Barfield 1995   (wedding punch)

Here it is in 3 different sizes:

Smallest amount
2 cups cranberry juice (I use frozen in cans)
2 cups pineapple juice (I use frozen in cans)
1 A1/2  TSP almond extract
1 quart bottle ginger ale  (Scheppes is best)

For a larger amount for 12-15 people
1 quart cranberry juice
1 quart pineapple juice
1 TAB almond extract
2 quarts ginger ale

For big punch bowl full
1 can cranberry juice concentrate
1 can pineapple juice concentrate
72 oz. water (2 A1/4 quarts water)
4 TSP almond extract
6 bottles ginger ale

We mix the juices and extract.  Then at last minute add ginger ale.  I try to
make cranberry juice ice rings in advance.  Maybe with mint leaves in it.
_________________________

I learned from my mother to make tea punch.  I now experiment with
various types of tea.  My favorite is ginger tea, though you can use
regular orange pekoe.  Combine tea, brewed strong, fruit juices (apple,
orange, lime (!), cranberry, whatever you like) and add sparkling
water.  This is so refreshing that even people who don't like fruit
punches love it.  You can add orange sherbet or lemon sherbet to enliven
it for festive occasions.

The proportions do not seem to matter much, strange as that may sound.
The combination of the flavors and the zest of the carbonation make it a
big success, in my experience.
_________________________________

This is simple yet delicious - mix Sprite with lime sherbert.  I serve this
at all my piano recitals and everyone loves it.  If you want you could
freeze some cherries in ice cubes for a festive look.
__________________________

Here is a good recipe for punch.  Kids love it too!

12 oz. frozen orange juice
12 oz. frozen lemonade
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. almond extract
8 cups water
1 tsp. vanilla
1 large 2 liter bottle 7-UP
___________________________

This is an oldy....

     1-2 cans Hawaian Punch
     1 2ltr bottle sprite
     vanilla ice cream
________________________

Jane one recipe that is always great in a pinch is Ginger Ale and lime
sherbert.  You can also add some cherries to it.  It always goes over real
big.    You get a good sized punch bowl and put the quart of sherbert, fill
it up with ginger ale, and add cherries.  It is ready to serve.  And you just
keep filling up with ginger ale till all the sherbert is gone.  Watch out it
goes fast so I get several quarts of sherbert and lots of ginger ale.
________________________

Here is one that is easy and good and you can vary it some if you wan to
You need 1-2 cans cranberry or other frozen punch- mix the cans with enough
water to make a gallon and then pour into a jello mold and freeze overnight-
this will be floating in the punch to give color and to keep it cold. Then
you take the mold out and put in the bottom of the punch bowl and add 2 cans
frozen cranberry juice or other kind of juice if you want and 1 can banana-
pineapple or just plain orange juice and then 1-2 2-liter bottle of 7-Up or
gingerale and mix gently- you probably want to taste as you go along but it
is good with cranberry and orange and you can even add orange slices to add
color if you want. Hope this helps some.I am planning on using this reciepe
for an upcoming party that I am having and have used it several times with
rave reviews!

I like to use an ice ring made from 7-up frozen in a ring mold or bundt pan.
Place some thin slices of orange or lemon on the bottom. Maybe some
strawberries, or even small flowers! Pour some of the 7-up into the pan, just
enough to make sure that all your decorations will be partially submerged.
Freeze this first to keep your stuff from floating around. Then you can fill
it the rest of the way and freeze the whole thing. Enjoy!