From:
Meredith Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 22:00:37 EST

I introduced myself about a month ago.... I was diagnosed with celiac or
"probably celiac" as a child before people did blood tests, and biopsies, and
decided that it was a good idea now that more is known on celiac to be tested
with the blood tests. I got my results back last week, and they were
negative.... what are the chances of the tests being wrong? My doctor said
that he thought it was irritable bowel syndrome- but then how come I have
strong reactions whenever I eat wheat or milk products?

And he advised me to eat more fiber and try metamucil... but my problem is
definitely not constipation, so i don't think that advice would be a good
idea.

I'm thinking of going back to him to ask him all these questions but Im
curious as to what you more experienced people think I should do, and if
anyone has ever had a similar experience.

Thanks,
Meredith