From:
Pamela J. Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 14:10:28 -0500

Hi All.

I just wanted to share a wonderful baking experience I had using Bette
Hagman's new Bette's Four Flour Bread Mix (listed on Pg. 41 of her new book,
"The Gluten-Free Gourmet Bakes Bread").

The mix is made of Garfava bean flour, Sorghum flour, Tapioca and Cornstarch
along with some other ingredients. No rice flour at all.  The recipe I used
was on Pg. 42, Bette's Four Flour Bread and I used milk in place of the
water and Just Whites for the two egg whites that were required.  I also
used my food processor to mix everything.

I made dinner rolls and English-muffin type bread for sandwiches.

This was, by far, the best bread I have tasted since going gluten-free three
years ago.  The texture was light and looked just like wheat bread.  Better
yet, it tasted like it too but without the dangerous gluten!!!  I can't wait
to try other recipes in her book using the same flour mixture.

Happy baking!

Pam Murphy
Michigan

PS.  My source for the Garfava Flour and Sorghum Flour was Authentic Foods,
http://www.authenticfoods.com/.