From:
Margaret Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 14:06:34 EST

Could someone please enlighten me on the constituents of malt extract and
maltodextrin ?? My impression was that both were derived from barley and
hence not GF (even if very small quantities of barley are present). I now
need to know exactly as I have just bought my first box of baby rice cereal
for my 5 month baby who I would like to maintain on a GF diet. The box is
marked gluten-free but the ingredient list includes the above items. I live
in France so this is a French product. I have not yet contacted the
manufacturer.

As I am newly-arrived in France, I tried to make contact with the celiac
association here but have received no responses from phone or tel/fax
messages. Perhaps another celiac in France can help on alternative products
??)

Many thanks,
Margaret Doyle