VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"wang.." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
wang..
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 15:41:25 -0500
First, you can not attach 2 different devices to the same serial port even
though you have a switch. This is because the window system often boot up
with at least one driver using that port. You can set it up each time when
you switch device, but it is very complicated and in many case, it still
does not work unless you reboot the system with your new setting.

You can connect your modem to one serial port and the synthesizer to
another if you do not use serial mouse. I had same problem before because
I had a serial mouse. So I began to use Elequent with soundcard.

Ren