From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:57:33 -0400
On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Midas Gold wrote:

> And never, in all *my* years on the net, have I ever been on a list
> (certainly a support list) that tolerated flaming.  There was nothing
> rude or ignorant about Kendra's post, given that this is a list for
> support and information-sharing about Paleo-style eating - which is
> exactly what she was attempting to do.  People come to this list to
> *receive* advice too - not just dispense it.

I disagree.  I think Muriel had every right to be angry.
Kendra's post was an attack on how another person is raising her
children.  It is nobody's business but hers if she wants to give
them jellybeans.  She didn't bring that up as a recommendation
but as an answer to a direct question.  Thus, she confided in
honesty that her children are not strictly paleo and was
immediately attacked for doing so.

Likewise, in recent memory we have someone who asked for advice
about what to bring to a potluck and that person was immediately
challenged on the nature of her relationship with her husband.

Personally, I find Muriel's expletives far less disturbing than
the behavior that provoked them.

Todd Moody