From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 18:19:03 -0700
>Wouldn't your instinct protect you from an "overlarge" meat consumption?

 the Instinctive responses to food don't protect you from anything . If you
believed that at one point , no wonder reality brought you back to
reconsider this belief.
You still need  to  listen to the signs  that the instinctive regulation
procur, and you , the decision maker who inhabit that body is still the one
in charge of what enter or not enter the mouth.
The feelings that you experience when walking along the edge of the cliff
are not protecting you to fall they are there to indicate that some wrong
movments are better to avoid.
If suddenly your foot doesn't find any sure ground to hold your body , you
better listen to the message and act accordingly  to "guarantee" that you
are not going to fall
Eating too much meat at one setting because of not listening carefully to
the  instinctive guidance is like loosing balance  while walking on the edge
of a sidewalk (not a big deal) . Once you did that you will feel the need to
bounce back from the pavement to  restablish  your balance. .
So it make sens to me that if i go into hypoglycemia because of that
insuline response , i get attracted to sweet to restablish a more balanced
blood sugar. It is the well known roller coaster of sugar" addiction" . If
you enjoy the ride you can function for years going to extremes like that.
Now it appeal more to me to listen when enough meat have been swallowed to
avoid that  crazy ride.
If
>not, do you consider your sweet craving an instinct or something bad?

So yes this attraction is still an instinctive appeal under
the,circonstances .So yes it is good in the context.

>do you act on the craving? How does it go when you do?

So yes i act on it (i am far of being a masochist ). The danger when i do is
to not  listen again to the instinctive stop and eat too much of it throwing
me again in unbalance

<When you don't?
It is quite rare but because it happens at night , i just go to bed and my
body must find an other way to deal with it .
I observed that in the following morning i am hungry ( i am not usually )
If you ask me why i don't listen to the instinctive stop, in the first place
that is a chapter of my life in itself.
My twelve steps programming will say,  it is insanity. because i know pretty
well how unfun it is to roller coaster .

it is pleasant to get questions from you that don't feel putting down
diatribe". Thanks for your interest.
jean-claude