From:
Michael Anthony <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 06:28:50 -0400
Nieft / Secola wrote:

> Wouldn't your instinct protect you from an "overlarge" meat consumption?
> Cheers,
> Kirt

It seems to me that the overlarge meal would be instinctually desired
because it is converted to fat and stored for the time when famine hits
or when food is scarce. At such times we must fast and use our fat. The
trouble is that here in the U.S. and other well developed countries the
famine never comes and we never use our fat.

This mechanism of storing fat is well developed in some of us and was
advantageous for survival in our ancestors when they, at times, had to
go
without food. But in today's world it has the potential to kill us.
I believe a mechanism of protection, where people don't have a "store
fat metabolism", is developing in our species over a long period of time
while those of us who have the "store fat" metabolism die off.

That is why I'm Paleo, to control my fat storage and live. Here my
instincts would kill me so I have to deal with it intellectually.

Michael